Friday, October 14, 2011

My Mission Statement

My ultimate long-term goal is to develop an e-pub or e-zine that is interactive. My hope is to create a publication that is the leading source of accurate information for wounded warriors and their families. So in support of my goal, I’ve decided to track Inc. Magazine. I think it will be a fabulous case study and will give me a better understanding of how an e-publication is organized, marketed and updated.

Inc. is the perfect publication for me to analyze because I can compare and contrast the print and electronic version. It will allow me to pin point how the printed version draws traffic to the website and vise versa. Just at first glance it appears that Inc. Magazine has taken their printed publication, which to tell you the truth is not that visually appealing, and converted it into a stimulating online interactive experience.

There are many things I’d like to track. The biggest being, how do all these moving parts support each other? How does the print version, the e-zine, the blog, ask inc., guides, Inc. TV, the newsletter, subscriber and inc. advisor all fit together. Are all these products being used? Which are the most popular or hold the most value to the reader?

Other areas I’d like to track are:

  1. Marketing, how do they bring traffic to the site and to the readership of the print version? Are the campaigns evolving? Or static?
  2. Revenue, I’d like to track the revenue source on the site. What are readers paying for? Do they make most of their money through ads or subscriptions? Or other products on the site?
  3. Content Management, how do they organize all this information, some if it is updated daily, the e-zine is updated monthly along with the print edition.

I do plan to use Evernote to track Inc. I’ve already generated a notebook for it. I hope it will prove to be a valuable tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment